Handcrafted by Steve
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
How to Maintain Your Fountain Pen
- Unscrew the barrel from the nib section.
- Place the nib section into a container of clean water and soak for ten to fifteen minutes. The nib can be soaked overnight if necessary. The water level should completely cover the nib. Be sure to use room temperature water. Distilled water works best since tap water sometimes contains particles that may clog the feed. NEVER use warm or hot water. Heat will expand the nib. NEVER use alcohol. Alcohol can damage the feed and other parts of the pen.
- Blot dry with a paper towel after soaking.
- Wash your pen every few weeks or whenever changing ink colors.
- Do not press hard when writing as this can damage the nib.
- Do not loan your pen to anyone as the nib will adapt to your writing style (pressure, angle, etc.).
- If your pen doesn’t “start” right away, ink has probably dried and clogged the nib and/or the feed. Resist the urge to press down hard on the pen to start the ink flowing again. Instead, wet the point of the nib with water or ink of the same color. If that doesn’t work, wash the pen out.
- Avoid using paper that has a slick feel to it since it doesn’t absorb ink well. Ink will collect in the nib and ultimately clog the feed. If your pen skips after using treated paper, wipe the nib with a lint-free cloth. If this doesn’t work, wash the pen.
- When traveling by plane, always keep the nib upright during takeoff. When opening your pen in flight, hold the pen upright and remove the cap slowly. Always keep the pen capped when not in use. NOTE: If using the converter, either fill the converter completely or leave it empty to reduce the risk of leakage.
- When not using the pen, keep it stored vertically with the nib pointing up to prevent ink from settling in and clogging the feed.
- If you do not plan on using your pen for a prolonged period of time, empty and wash it before storing it away.